Thu. Feb 19th, 2026
Wikimedia Commons

The British monarchy is once again facing intense scrutiny after ex-Prince Andrew, born Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office in connection to his longstanding ties to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew, who was stripped of his royal titles and public duties in recent years, has consistently denied any wrongdoing related to his friendship with Epstein. Yet for more than a decade, questions surrounding that relationship have cast a shadow over the royal family. The arrest of a brother to the reigning monarch marks an extraordinary and unprecedented moment in modern British history—one that places renewed pressure on the crown.

Following the arrest, King Charles III publicly stated that “the law must take its course,” distancing both himself and the royal institution from his brother. In a formal statement signed “Charles R,” the king said, “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter,” adding that the royal family would “continue in our duty and service to you all.”

To order Amanda Grace’s new book, Brace For Impact, visit Amazon.com.

According to Thames Valley Police, a man in his 60s from Norfolk was arrested and remains in custody. While British authorities did not formally identify the suspect, they directed media inquiries to their official statement when asked if Andrew had been detained. Police confirmed that, after a “thorough assessment,” they had opened an investigation into allegations that Andrew sent confidential trade reports to Epstein in 2010, during his tenure as the United Kingdom’s special envoy for international trade.

Those allegations stem from correspondence included in millions of pages of documents released last month by the U.S. Justice Department as part of its investigation into Epstein. Authorities also confirmed they are searching two properties in connection with the probe. Images circulating online appeared to show unmarked police vehicles and plainclothes officers outside Wood Farm, Andrew’s residence on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.

Andrew, who turned 66 on Thursday, recently relocated to Sandringham after being asked to leave his longtime home near Windsor Castle. Legal experts note that in most cases, suspects are held between 12 and 24 hours before being charged or released pending further investigation. Policing commentator Danny Shaw told the BBC that there would be “no special treatment,” adding that Andrew would be held in a standard custody suite cell with “a bed and a toilet” while awaiting questioning.

This latest development represents what royal expert Craig Prescott described as “the most spectacular fall from grace for a member of the royal family in modern times.”

Prepared by Charisma Media Staff.

Leave a Reply

By submitting your comment, you agree to receive occasional emails from [email protected], and its authors, including insights, exclusive content, and special offers. You can unsubscribe at any time. (U.S. residents only.)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Podcasts

More News
Resistance Is Proof You’re Over The Target
Resistance Is Proof You’re Over The Target
previous arrow
next arrow
Shadow

Latest Videos
135K Subscribers
1.5K Videos
17.2M Views

Copy link