Read Time: 3 Minutes, 15 Seconds
“You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its farthest regions, And said to you, ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away.” Isaiah 41:9 (NKJV)
Sometimes it’s hard to know where you fit in.
You see a broken church that desperately needs Jesus.
But what if all the pastor wants you to do is to give a prophetic word each week right after the Scripture reading? Or, if you try to share some of what you sense in the spirit, you find doors slammed in your face?
Don’t give up!
Finding your place in the church may not be easy, but consider this:
You don’t need a title to take your place in the church.
You just need to know who you are! All of the travails you have been through shaped you to be what God’s people need.
Not every prophet is the same. Not every prophet will have the same assignment from God. Not every prophet has the same grace and anointing.
There are 10 prophetic types that God has anointed to build His church.
Your type is the key to your prophetic identity. Knowing your identity will give you the confidence you need to stand as the prophet God has called you to be.
Are you a Nathan Type Prophet?
“A man’s gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men.” Proverbs 18:16
The Nathan prophetic type builds the church alongside the pastor or apostle. Like Nathan in Scripture, the Nathan prophet has an ear inclined to God and eyes focused on the leader.
If you are a Nathan-type prophet, you are more important than you know to the success of your church. God positioned and anointed you to speak to kings. Your pastor has been knocking on God’s door for a long time for help. You’re the answer to his prayer!
Signs you’re a Nathan Prophet
- God assigns you to a local church or ministry.
- God matches you with the pastor and ministry where you’ll make the greatest impact.
- You’re someone your pastor can count on. You’ve built a close relationship with your pastor. You see your pastor’s vision and get the wisdom to help him build.
- You help establish the pastor’s culture and protocols in the church.
- You stand next to your leader no matter what.
- Your loyalty is a treasure God gives to your leader through you.
- You hang on when you should let go. You stand by whom you love and serve with unwavering faith. You bear your pastor’s burdens.
- Your leader trusts you with his secrets because God trusts you.
- You bring change from the inside.
- You’re not the “wear camel hair/eat locusts” kind of prophet. God has tailor-made you for the courts of Kings.
- You know all the ins and outs of how the church runs. You’re sharp in the spirit and leaders listen when you speak. Your influence is at the leadership level.
- You have the ear of your pastor. You help chart the spiritual course of the church.
If you look in Scripture, you’ll see all of these qualities in the prophet Nathan. He was essential to King David’s success during his reign. You, Nathan prophet, are essential to your church’s success.
God positioned you to make an impact with your leaders and to build the blueprint God gave your pastor. Don’t underestimate the importance of this position. Nathan prophet, you’re needed in the church!
God will use everything you’ve been through to bless and equip His people. You may not know how all the pieces of your journey fit together, but rest in knowing God does. He wants to reveal exactly how wonderfully and fearfully you have been made to fulfill your prophetic mandate.
So, keep offering what you have to serve to those around you. Your prophetic type will become clear the more you step out. God’s called you as His servant. Take your place to serve in your church and bless His people with joy.
Anne Chen is a powerful member of the #NextGenProphets team in Toach Ministries International. She is the founder of The Gathering Place for Prophets, South Africa. As a prophetic pastor, she is loved by her students and congregation alike for her anointing to heal the broken-hearted.