Read Time: 5 Minutes, 37 Seconds
The power of sonship releases confidence and purpose into your life. Operating out of the power of sonship means that you receive the love of the Father and step into your identity as a child and heir.
The Power and Spirit of Sonship
The Holy Spirit Himself will bear witness that you are a child of God. The answer to the question, “What is the spirit of sonship?” can be summed up in Romans 8:17…
- “and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ…”
God Wants You to Operate Out of the Power of Sonship
Yeshua said He did not come to condemn the world but to save it. He loved us so much that He gave up His life so that we might have life everlasting (see John 3:16-17). That is powerful love.
First, John 4:7 says that God is love. Therefore let us love one another. The power of sonship is to know you are loved and to love others. The love of God runs through you like a river, giving life to all those who come to you. This is the power of receiving the love of the Father—to give life, to speak life, and to have life everlasting.
Doors Open and Favor Comes
Matthew 6:33 says, “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
As a child of God, you don’t seek your Father’s Kingdom out of obligation but in response to His love. Your Heavenly Father is your provider and protector. You don’t doubt whatever comes your way because you believe He gives good gifts, even if they don’t “appear” to be good in the natural. Closed doors are an example. But as the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens. God is the one either allowing or directing the doors in your life to be opened or closed for a purpose. Trust His plans for you are good.
Operating out of the power of sonship is in alignment with Luke 11:9-12…
- “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
A child of God…
- Receives wisdom and understanding by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Receives good gifts and favor
- Goes through opened doors (and accepts closed doors)
Our Heavenly Father…
- Gives good gifts
- Opens doors
- Releases favor
- Seals you with His Spirit
When you walk in the power of sonship, you operate under the covenant’s banner. When you rest in the presence of God and His love, your heart can discern His voice above all the other voices in this world.
Decreeing the Power of Sonship
As a child of God, you can decree and declare the Father’s love and Word over you. Below are 7 declarations you can make about who you are and the power you have available to you.
1. As a child of God, I have the mind of Christ, according to 1 Corinthians 2:16.
“For ‘who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?’ But we have the mind of Christ.”
2. As a child of God, I believe and expect a manifestation of my Father’s promises, according to Isaiah 55:11.
“So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”
3. As a child of God, I will live by the Spirit, according to Romans 8:13-14
“For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”
4. As a child of God, I have confidence in my identity and purpose, according to Philippians 1:6.
“Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
5. As a child of God, I will accept His loving discipline, knowing it sets me on the right path, according to Hebrews 12:7-8.
“If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.”
6. As a child of God, I know I am fully accepted and fully adopted into His family, according to Ephesians 1:4-6
“Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.”
7. As a child of God, I receive favor and have access to every spiritual blessing, according to Ephesians 1:3.
“The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”
Child, You Are More Than a Conqueror
By receiving the love of God and knowing the power of sonship, as Romans 8:15 says,
- “For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, ‘Abba, Father.’”
Cry out to your Abba Father today and declare His Word that you are more than a conqueror in Yeshua!
If you are battling an illness, legal issues, relationship issues, lack, or doubt, you can decree that the Father knows your need and promises to provide for you.
Decree now, Romans 8:37-39…
- “Yet in all things, I, (state your name), am more than a conqueror through Him who loves us.” Say he loves me. Go ahead. Just say it right now. “He loves me. And I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate me from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord.”
The key to understanding the power of sonship and claiming your identity as more than a conqueror is this: God’s love.
Curt Landry, founder of Curt Landry Ministries, and his wife, Christie, travel extensively, preaching and teaching about the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. Together, their passion is to empower families to live and leave Kingdom legacies and understand their own personal heritage.