What does the Bible say about morality, marriage, gender and when life begins? In today’s world, it’s critical that Christians know exactly where God stands on these issues. What we believe and promote will ultimately affect our freedom, our laws and our families.
An article dated April 20, 2022 from Christianity Today was titled, “Report: 26 Million Americans Stopped Reading the Bible Regularly During COVID-19.”
It goes on to say, “Currently, only 10 percent of Americans report daily Bible reading. Before the pandemic, that number was at about 14 percent.” It also points out the strong correlation between the sharp decline in bible reading and the loss of one-third of church attendees who never returned to church after the COVID-19 restrictions. If we ignore our Bible, we will sin against God and we will be deceived. It’s that simple.
The ultimate authority regarding every issue is the Word of God. Sadly, many Christians choose to ignore, or reject God’s Word in the name of tolerance and love. They say they love Jesus but is that true? Jesus said He and His Word are one. How can we love Jesus but reject His Word? John 14:15 says, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”
Let’s be clear on a few key issues happening in our world today, looking to the Bible as our source of truth:
1. The Bible says all sexual immorality is a sin. Romans 1:25-27 reads, “(they) exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.”
2. The Bible says there are only two genders. In Genesis 1:27 it is written, “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”
3. The Bible says that life begins in the womb. Genesis 25:22-23 says, “…Rebekah his wife conceived. But the children struggled together within her. Two nations are in your womb, two peoples shall be separated from your body” and Jeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you.”
4. God said marriage is to be between a man and a woman. 1 Corinthians 7:1-2 states, “It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband. So a man is identified as a “husband” and a woman is identified as a “wife.”
5. The Bible says sex before marriage is sin. Hebrews 13:4, “Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.”
These biblical truths define our moral standards. Everything we say and do in the name of Christianity must uphold these truths. When it comes to policies and the people who hold office, Christians who cast votes for people who openly oppose biblical and traditional family values, unwittingly help to perpetuate these sins.
Whether intentional or not, we further the evil plans that include abortion, indoctrination of children with gender confusion and sexual perversion, destruction of the traditional family and persecution of the church. The politicians you vote for will tout their morality with claims that they stand against injustice and racism, and defend the marginalized and the poor.
They won’t mention however the important issues of life and morality, or provide honest, forthright answers indicating where they stand. Many of them will even misuse the name of Jesus and the Bible to further their cause even when that cause is unbiblical.
Each of us is accountable to God for our actions, and that includes what we promote or support. Ignorance will not be an excuse. The Bible instructs us to grow in our knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Word so we will mature spiritually and obey Him.
Every issue presented in the world today has already been dealt with in the Bible. God’s commandments were written for our benefit. Because God loves us, He instructs us in the right way to live. His ways protect our heart, our mind, our emotions and our bodies from harm. If we violate the spiritual laws that exist, we hurt ourselves, and others.
Don’t be deceived into thinking that you can be right with God while attempting to appease the world. You can’t.
Bill Wieseis the author of New York Times best selling book, 23 Minutes In Hell, the story of his life-changing visit to hell in 1998. Bill has since authored six additional book titles, and continues to share his experience around the world. He and his wife Annette founded Soul Choice Ministries in late 2006 and have dedicated their lives to reaching the unsaved. For more information about Bill Wiese and Soul Choice Ministries please visit us at: https://soulchoiceministries.org/. You can find more of Bill’s teachings at: https://www.youtube.com/user/BillWieseTV