Read Time: 4 Minutes 24 Seconds
For months, I have felt an anticipation for the month of November. I really feel it is going to be a significant month for many.
On the morning of Nov. 3, as I woke up from my dream (which I believe symbolized restoration and reconciliation), I felt faith enter my heart that there will be a sovereign grace coming upon the Lord’s people in this month to pray and call forth the time for “turning on” those things that many have been believing God for—especially regarding restoration in relationships and reconciliation in hearts, with the fathers turning to the children, and the children to the fathers (Malachi 4:6).
This is not just isolated to natural relationships, but it also refers to the “turning of hearts” toward our heavenly Abba Father in relation to the prodigals and the lost loved ones whom many of you have been carrying in your hearts.
I also believe this “turning,” which the Lord is decreeing that it’s time for, is in relation to circumstances and situations where there have been great battles and much contending. The Lord is going to turn the tide and turn your mourning into dancing—your sorrow into joy (Psalm 30:11-12)!
Here are some dictionary definitions and prophetic insights for the word “turn” in this season:
1. To “move (something) so that it is in a different position in relation to its surroundings or its previous position.” The Lord is turning things in your favor. Instead of your former shame, you shall have “twofold” recompense. There will be promotions and increase, and a positioning for victory.
“Instead of your [former] shame you will have twofold recompense; instead of dishonor and reproach [your people] shall rejoice in their portion…” (Isa. 61:7).
2. To “change the position of one’s body so that one is facing in a different direction.” This is the meaning of repentance. The Lord is turning the heart that is fixed in the direction of the world and compromise to a devotion and commitment to Him.
“And He [Himself] will go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn back the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient and incredulous and unpersuadable to the wisdom of the upright [which is the knowledge and holy love of the will of God] …” (Luke 1:17).
3. To “change or cause to change direction.” For some, the Lord is going to position you for victory by changing your direction. This will not be the strategy for all in this season, but for some of you, the change of direction will be a victory strategy.
I feel the Lord say that as the wind changes direction, so will His leading. Be sensitive for the strategy to change as the wind of His Spirit moves upon you and guides you into position.
4. To “reverse direction or flow: The tide has turned.” Just recently, the Lord reminded me of a dream I had several years ago that spoke of the coming of the king tide. In this “King Tide,” there was a reconciliation and restoration of the hearts of fathers to children and children to fathers. As I was recently meditating on this dream, the Lord said that we are now in the season of the King Tide, where the King is in the tide, bringing restitution, recompense and reconciliation!
A “king tide” also refers to the largest of tides. As the tide turns for the Lord’s beloved in this hour, many are going to experience a move of God upon their lives that will surpass any other “tide mark” they have previously experienced. A king tide surpasses the “normal” boundary lines. Get ready for the Lord to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that you ask or think as He moves on your behalf (Ephesians 3:20).
5. To “move (a page) over so that it is flat against the previous page or next page” (to turn a page). This “turning” refers to a new beginning…the ending of the old and the beginning of the new. For some, experiencing the “turning” will be dying to the old and stepping into the new. It will be the closing of old chapters and the starting of new ones.
6. To “pass around (the flank or defensive lines of an army) so as to attack it from the side or rear.” As I read this definition, I was reminded of the change of strategy that the Lord gave David when he inquired of the Lord regarding the battle against the Philistines in 2 Samuel 5:23-24. Get ready for God to bring a “turning” by changing your battle plan. Get ready to take a different position in the battle in order to see the situation turn.
For the rest of this prophetic word, visit our content partners at elijahlist.com.
Motivated by an intense love for the body of Christ, Anita Alexander’s passion and compassion is to see the church forsake religion and tradition, awaken to the Father’s love and arise and walk in the overcoming identity as sons and daughters of the kingdom. Anita and her husband Dr. Sasha Alexander travel nationally and internationally ministering in revival fire that brings resurrection life, healing and awakening to the body of Christ. Together, their passion is to impart, raise up and release a generation of sons and daughters who manifest the glorious victory of the finished work of the cross. They are co-founders and senior ministers of Revival Flame Ministries, Golden City Church and Kingdom Academy School of the Spirit Ministry Training School in Gold Coast, Australia.